[X Newbies] Speech Recognition Question

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 11:37:07 PDT 2003

TheMacintoshLady tapped out this message on 8/6/2003 1:51 PM

>jc tapped out this message on 8/6/2003 11:19 AM
>
>>I'd like to say a phrase to my computer and then have the computer
>>answer me. Is this possible and how do you set this up (I need pretty
>>detailed info). I've played around with speech recognition and couldn't
>>figure out how you would do this.
>
>You would need to enable Text to Speech in the Universal  Access control
>panel in the System Prefs first, and then go from there.

Also Speech Control Panel sets up the way you want to send commands to
the computer, but basically it just talks back to let you know where you
are inthe system with regard to the commands, menu items, etc.
I am not sure what you want it to say back to you. :-)