[X Newbies] Apple and all of these viruses?

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 15:38:14 PDT 2003

On 8/22/03 1:19 PM, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>> Given that they don't have a worthwhile replacement for AppleWorks
>
> AW for X opens Word documents.

Sort of. If the document has complex tables or uses lots of Styles it won't
open correctly. I know this from experience. Unfortunately NOTHING other
than Word will correctly open complex Word documents. Also, AppleWorks does
not have the collaboration and version tracking tools Word has.

I finally ended up forking over the money to get Office v.X for those
reasons.

--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net