[X Newbies] Apple and all of these viruses?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 00:59:30 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 12:08 AM, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:

> On Saturday, Aug 23, 2003, at 22:44 Canada/Eastern, Steven Rogers
> wrote:
>
>> My point in answering it was to refute a common yet false explanation
>> of why Macs don't have as many virus "titles" as Windows -
>> specifically for Newbies, so they'll know a) not to say that "the
>> lack of Mac viruses proves that the Mac is more secure and b) that
>> "the Mac is too unimportant to write viruses for" doesn't prove that
>> the Mac is equally vulnerable to viruses as a PC.
>
> Steven, you appear to be in too much of a hurry to read the posts --
> no-one, so far, has claimed (b) on this list. But it's good of you to
> take the trouble to refute what hasn't been said.

Like I said in all my posts, its about the very common discussion that
everyone hears, not necessarily limited to what was posted on the list.
Aside from that, (B) was the thesis of the article referenced on the
list via link - that's why it came up.

It seems like you're just trying really, really hard to find something
wrong with what I'm saying, at the expense of accuracy. If you don't
like the thread, take the time to post a good rebuttal or just quit
replying and let it die. Posting snide and inaccurate quips just wastes
everyone's time.

SR