[X Newbies] decrypting keychains

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 11:38:08 PDT 2003

John Lowther tapped out this message on 8/26/03 9:43 AM

>in Mail, i now get messages often saying, roughly
>
>Mail wants permission to decrypt keychain MyName in blah blah
>mail.earthlink.net.
>
>i get to allow once, deny or always allow.
>
>i've never seen this message before & am not sure what is at stake.

Isn't this the most annoying thing? Reminiscent of something else I know..

Seems every time I do an  update of some sort, the system takes it upon
itself to activate Keychain which I want no part of.
You simply have to open this and nuke everything that's listed in there.
It seems that if you want mail to remember your password, you can just
set it in the mail set up, but NOT in Keychain.

I do not like at all how the system takes liberties with some things this
way, but at least if you know how it happens you can  nip it in the bud
before it does.