[X Newbies] decrypting keychains

Kevin Stevens Kevin_Stevens at pursued-with.net
Wed Aug 27 10:27:37 PDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, cricket wrote:

> The reason you get the warning dialog when you upgrade your system is
> that keychain keeps track of which applications have access to which
> keychain items -- and when you upgrade, the application has changed and
> it is no longer 'trusted'. For example, would you want it to be
> possible to write a program, name it 'Mail', and have it snag all your
> Mail passwords?

That makes sense.  The part I don't understand is why I get the dialog
EVERY TIME I reboot (probably relogin, not sure).  If the authorization is
only good for that session, I can understand that, but then it shouldn't
use the word "always".  This isn't just Mail, Safari and other Keychain
apps do the same thing.

KeS