[X Newbies] decrypting keychains

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Wed Aug 27 12:21:03 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lowther" <j.lo at earthlink.net>
To: "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] decrypting keychains

> 1st off, i appreciate everyone's responses.
> but must admit that i still don't quite know what the best course of
> action is.
> should i tell it to always allow mail this decryption?... am i putting
> myself in any danger by doing so?
>
> thanks
> jlo

Telling it to always allow is perfectly safe. In fact if you don't, you'll
just keep getting the message and I presume you want to use the application
so it needs to decrypt to function. Putting passwords on your keychain
simply provides a fairly painless way of dealing with them, especially if
you follow prudent policies when you make a password and you have more the
one or two you need to keep track of.

Joe Ellis