<no subject>

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 29 01:49:00 PDT 2003

Hello Dave,

First I would like to apologize for my English, it is not my mother tongue.

Thank you very much for your mail ; now it is clear that Motu is sawing the
branch where it is sitting.

MOTU, your company are making serious mistake :
> - It is incredible that the PCI 324 will not work with a G5,
> - It is incredible that you do not sell PCI 424 interface on it's own !
> - It is incredible that he new PCI 424 will not work with 2408 MKII, 24i and
> 1296.

I was planning to move on a G5 + Vienna Symphonic Library during Apple Expo
Paris (September) as there are special prices.

Result of your incredible marketing policy :
> 1) I will not move to a G5 now
> 2) If I move to a G5 I WILL NOT BUY Motu Hardware to replace mine ( I own a
> 2048 MKII a 24i and a 1296 that are less than 2 year old)

    You can forward this mail to your managing director, I think that my
attitude about Motu will be all musicians. If not change is made within next
week, I will start to send mail around so every studio and musician will
boycott your products.

I hope that Motu is going to change this because I have been very pleased to
use my Motu system.

This mail has been forward to more than 20 000 people on various discussion
lists and various MAC and musicians bulletin board.

ANSWER FROM MOTU ABOUT G5 COMPATIBILITY :

> On 28/08/03 17:55, "Dave Roberts" ..... at motu.com> wrote:
>
>> > Cyril,
>> > The PCI 324 card will not work in the G5 Mac.
>> > There will be a modified version of the PCI 424 card that will work in
>> > the new computer.  This card will ship with 2408mk3, 24i/o, and HD192
>> > core systems.  Older MOTU PCI interfaces will work with the new card.
>> > The card is not available as a separate purchase.
>> >
>> > Dave Roberts - MOTU

:

Best regards

Cyril Blanc
France

P.S. Do not hesitate to forward this mail to a friend using Motu hardware
and software.

ALSO this open a BIG SUBJECT, WILL WE HAVE TO REPLACE ALL OUR PCI INTERFACES
MOVING TO A G5

If you want to be sure I read your answer leave my name in it !
Spam mails are directly going to trash

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Cyril Blanc