[X Newbies] upgrading

The Macintosh Lady themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 30 08:33:31 PDT 2003

on 8/30/2003 10:38 AM, Florin Alexander Neumann at alexn at ica.net wrote:

> Not according to Apple. See article id 42717.
>
> http://kbase.info.apple.com/
> viewdoc.jsp?locale=en_US&searchMode=Expert&type=id&docID=KC.42717_E

The article states exactly what I said: If both machines are not new enough
you still need the crossover cable.

>> to crossover without a crossover cable

> A note on "crossover". The term (in usage long before the Ethernet)
> does not refer, as your comment suggests, to linking two devices
> directly, but to the switching (or reversing) of the pins of the signal
> interface.

I have always understood that perfectly and the phrase above was a figure of
speech for sharing and perhaps should have been in quotation marks.
However, knowing your love of playing with semantics...... :-)