Airport Connection Mac & PC?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 07:02:33 PST 2003

My wife wants us to buy an Airport base station so that she can connect
her Dell laptop with Windows XP to my Sawtooth G4 Mac. We haven't yet
purchased the base station nor the Airport card for her laptop.

She wants to be able to connect to my DSL line and print on my printer.

Can anyone point me to some useful web-based reading materials to
prepare me for making this set up. And some recommendations for Airport
hardware. Though I am fairly computer savvy, I am totally new to
Airport networks and interfacing Macs with Windows machines.

  I have a Mac ethernet network already set up in my office/studio. But
I have never tried to hook a Windows machine into it. Most of the
"How-To" articles I've seen were addressing hooking a Mac into a
Windows based network.

Thanks,
John