[X Newbies] [X Newbies ] internet connect

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Dec 18 08:51:44 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:45:37AM -0800, Morland, Chris wrote:
: Eugene Lee responded:
: > On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:16:35AM -0800, Morland, Chris wrote:
: > :
: > :  i changed from a dial up to cable modem last week and everything runs
: > :  o.k., but there are a few bugs i have not been able to resolve. the
: > :  one that is most important to me is my radio station. i can log on as
: > :  usual (live365), but cannot connect to any of my favorite stations;
: > :  can someone help me with this? i have a G4 450 dual processor,
: > :  10.2.8. thank in advance.
: >
: > If your G4 is not directly connected to your cable modem, and is
: > connected via some DSL/cablemodem router, then that router's built-in
: > firewall must be configured to allow those streams to pass through.
:
: yes, i'm connected to a  router that's connected to the agency
: intranet and what else i don't know. this stuff is over my head. can i
: configure the router myself? thanks for the information.

Their online help doesn't seem too useful:

	http://live365.trakhelp.com/bin/answer.py?answer=30&topic=-1

You may have to contact Live365's support for specific firewall settings.
They will most likely ask about the router to see if it's one they can
assist you with.  Otherwise, the best they can do is provide you with the
technical firewall settings that you'll have to ask/request/beg/bribe
your tech person to set up.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/