[X Newbies] TCP/IP broken in Classic

Aranzazu caranzazu at union-city.k12.nj.us
Fri Dec 19 08:59:38 PST 2003

>[1] Native TCP/IP (internet) applications work great when booted into
>their native OS, either OS 9.2.2 or OS 10.1 --- but I can't get Classic
>applications (e.g. Claris E-mailer) which work great under OS 9.2.2 to
>connect to the the internet when running under Classic in OS X.

i had that problem once. either in beta or in 10.1 i cant remember
but here is the solution. boot in 10, open a classic app, and when
the classic app is open go to your apple menu and open your control
panels apple talk should be on ethernet and tcp/ip should be on
eithernet and dhcp.

>The G4 is sitting on an Ethernet hub, and Classic apps don't show any
>activity light on the hub when running in OS X.  Native OS X applications
>(e.g. IE and Netscape) connect fine in OS X, and Classic applications
>connect fine in OS 9.2.2.
>
>[2] I can't select an alternate Startup Disk when booted into OS X.
>When using OS 10.1's System Preferences 'Startup Disk' panel, the new
>selection doesn't "take".  To get back into OS 9.2.2 I must first boot
>from an OS 9 CD-ROM, and then use the CD-ROM Control Panel to select an
>OS 9 hard drive.

you might just have to zap the pram

--
From
Aranzazu

This message has been scanned for virus detection by the Union City School's email system. Un-cleanable attachments have been deleted and the sender notified.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.