[X Newbies] Epson 740 Utility and Panther Problem

Colin Hoogeboom hoogie69 at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 06:00:38 PST 2003

I am running 10.3.2 on my Ti Book, 2 eMacs and an iMac.  All can not only
print to, but also use the utilities to clean heads, print the test page,
etc., my 740, all without touching Classic.

Epson Printer Utility  V 1.67 is correct but mine is in the
/Applications/Utilities folder.  Printer setup utility V 3.0 is also
correct and is also in the /Applications/Utilities folder.  Don't give
up.  Try moving the printer utility to the utilities folder.

Did you install the additional (Epson) printers when installing Panther?

Good Luck.

Coln

At 05:39 AM 12/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>From: "Albert D'Amanda" <adamanda at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [X Newbies] Epson 740 Utility and Panther Problem
>Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:51:17 -0500
>I have a problem with my Epson 740 USB Printer using Panther 10.3 ,
>
>Printer setup utility V 3.0 configured  as expected
>
>The Printer functions  properly. All printouts are normal
>
>But the Utility  icon  is greyed out in the Printer setup Utility
>Finder . Therefore, I cannot clean the heads, etc
>
>The Epson Printer Utility  V 1.67 is installed  in the
>Library/Printers/Epson/Utility  Folder .
>
>If I double click on it, a Printer List Window pops up but with no
>printer listing. This indicates to me that there is no link up to the
>Printer Setup Utility Application (?)
>
>So my question is, what has to done to make the link  and get the
>Utility to function?

¸,ø º°`°º ø,¸¸,ø º°`°º ø,¸¸,ø º°`°º ø,¸