Can't Trash .dmg File

David Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 1 07:38:32 PST 2003

I started downloading iPhoto 2 from Apple, but there was a problem with
their server, so I cancelled the DL. The partially DL'ed file is still
on my desktop, but when I try to move it to the trash, I get an alert
that says:

The item "iPhoto.dmg" is being used by another task right now. (Other
tasks include moving, copying, or emptying the Trash.) Try again when
the other task is complete.

The file is not being DL'ed, and I have tried to resume the DL without
success. Of course I can't run the installer, because it only partially
DL'ed. I have even restarted the machine, and immediately tried to move
the item to the trash, again, without success.

I'm guessing that the file has still been marked as "busy", but I'm not
familiar enough with OS X to unmark it.

Anyone know how I can get this off of my desktop? I can't even move the
file.

Thanks, and please cc: my private email address below as I receive the
digest.

--
David R. Boag, DDS
spikedds at bellsouth.net