[X Newbies] Hard Drive Upgrade

Dean Suhr deansuhr at carpedis.com
Mon Feb 3 09:45:45 PST 2003

I am using an IBM 40G - it's quiet and fast - make sure that you get a 5400
RPM drive.  4200 is the standard RPM - this is 20% faster!

I bought from GoogleGear  <www.googlegear.com>  They were fast and had the
best price around.

This is the IBM I bought for $101 six months ago - it's $92 today:
http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=100414

I see some Toshiba 60G drives but they are only 4200 RPM.

Dean

p.s.  A fast drive and some extra RAM will make your machine seem like new!