PowerBook won't sleep

Andrew Main handymac at newmexico.com
Tue Feb 4 06:23:04 PST 2003

Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens at pursued-with.net> wrote:

>  > The PB's insomnia is doubly annoying because the old cmd-shift-zero
>>  quick sleep method is gone; there appears to be no way to avoid using
>>  the trackpad/cursor to put the PB to sleep manually. Is there?
>
>I just shut the lid.

Yes, but then I have to open it to awaken the PB. However, was just
given another tip: Press the Power button, which brings up the "Are
you sure you want to Shut Down?" dialog, then, instead of using the
trackpad/cursor to click "sleep," just press the S key. So it can be
done in two steps from the keyboard alone.

Andrew Main