[X Newbies] File types

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 4 12:12:51 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 02:04 PM, Bill Reburn wrote:

>> I thought I already had done that, but wondered why it went back to
>> the viewer..... does this mean *ALL* .PDFs will open with that now or
>> just that one file?
>
> I think I have experienced that preference breaking before but I can't
> remember why.

I had a similar problem, but reverse - I have the full Acrobat, but
wanted to keep Preview as the default because it launches faster -
convenient for things like print-preview and downloaded documents.
However, the default for all newly created PDFs keeps going back to
Acrobat (the full version, not the reader).  Kind of annoying to launch
when you hit "Print Preview", but it still works so I didn't spend much
time trying to figure it out . . . .

SR