[X Newbies] File types

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 4 12:40:07 PST 2003

David Crandon tapped out this message on 2/4/2003 3:08 PM

>Highlight the file you are talking about and do a Get Info on it. Choose
>"open with..." and choose your program. Then click the "change all"
>button below.
>
>Better than OS9 huh?

Not that much different, just in a different place. You still have to
find an example of the file and tell the machine to use it, only in the
File Exchange/Internet Helpers panel. I knew what I had to do, but
wondered why it did not stick

>Please note that was not "bait".

No even though I don't think it's better than 9, and haven't for 3 years,
not to worry, no flames from me. You're entitled to be happy..... :-)