[X Newbies] FAXstf questions

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 08:28:46 PST 2003

Brian Fish tapped out this message on 2/5/2003 10:43 AM

>Can anyone tell me a little about FAXstf?  Can I send faxes with it like
>email almost or is it just for recieving faxes?

You would not want to use it like email because like a phone call, it
would cost you if it's not a local call.

>Also, do I have to be on a
>dial-up line to use it or will it work with broadband?

You use it with a regular phone line.

> Any information on
>using it would be helpful.

You must add the modem for FAXstf in the modem descriptions.
Choose what modem you have, then you can set up the preferences for
dialing information. The computer treats it like a printer, so you need
to put it in the print center as well. Kinda confusing but if you've used
a PC before, you will get the idea..