need help with mail

Tracy Keirns tdkeirns at frognet.net
Sun Feb 9 12:50:20 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 08:36  AM, Mac OS X Newbies wrote:

>> 2.  This problem started about 2 weeks ago.  The only things that I
>> have changed are that I got call waiting and one of the Emerson
>> switchboards so that I could get calls while I was on the internet.
>> Anyone have any experience with using this setup?  Is this the cause
>> of
>> my problem?
>

> I'd like to know how you got the ES to work!! I am sure I have it
> plugged
> in at my parents just fine, but can't get it to work no-how.

I don't think I did anything special.  I plugged the switchbox into the
wall phone jack and then ran the modem line to the computer.  I also
plugged in the phone that sits on my desk.  Once call waiting was
activated it worked fine.  The box itself rings, not the phone, which
made me jump out of my chair the first time it happened! HAHA  When it
rings you just pick up the phone to get your call.

Tracy