[X Newbies] B&W 350 beats B&W 450 same OS, 10.2.3

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Feb 9 15:02:14 PST 2003

Don't want to give out incorrect information (someone correct me if I am
wrong), but if you can not leave your machine on overnight (I can't) - go to
<http://www.versiontracker.com> and grab an amazing little utility called
MacJanitor from the MacOSX section.

It will run these clean up/maintenance routines for you in about 2 minutes
(and you don't have to leave the machine on for the OS to handle it
naturally at 12:01am or whenever it is).

On 2/9/03 2:57 PM, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Leon Sargent Jr. tapped out this message on 2/9/2003 4:58 PM
>
>> Why is it that his slower system takes half the time to load and get to
>> the log in screen than my system does?  Why does he have less wait
>> states and a much perkier application and over all GUI experience than
>> I do.
>>
>> I have deleted all the plist files that I thought might be culprits.
>
> Have you allowed all the CRON routines to run? If not, leave your Mac on
> at night without sleeping it and see if that helps.
> Start up with the shift key down, and run DFA to repair permissions and
> see if that helps also.

Bill Reburn