Disk image of audio CD

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 17:28:31 PST 2003

I tried making an image of a CD (probably made on a Mac) with 20 tracks
that are class recordings (not a commercial disk). I thought I could
make an image with Disk Copy, and then burn the image to another disk.
If its an image, it must be the same, right?  Well, the burned disk had
no sound on my CD player, and when I looked into it, all the track
names were changed from "1 track 01" on the original to "1 track
01.aiff" on the disk image.  So does "Disk Image" mean change my file
names if you feel like it?  What's up with that?  I made a copy with
iTunes which seemed to work, but I still would like to know why making
an image doesn't work.

SR