[X Newbies] Maybe this explains why - CISC not RISC

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 11 07:58:52 PST 2003

On 2/11/03 16:56, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Change the display on your X box to thousands of colors, and turn of
>> anti-aliasing, and you'll see a faster response.
>
> Do you mean font smoothing? I have it turned off wherever possible but
> doesn't seem to help. I wish it could be turned off for more sizes.

TinkerTool can do that. See Version Tracker to find it.

Kirk

                                vice versa
  Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
       Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais | Redaction technique
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .