Memory Management

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 10:10:58 PST 2003

I am trying to fax someone who apparently  hasn't figured out that their
machine is either jammed or out of paper. It's a one page letter, done in
TextEdit. After a few attempts to fax, the TE program crashes on me with
unintelligable messages.

HOW DO I ALLOCATE more memory to the program? Ok I know I can't, but how
do I keep it from running out of memory then?

Also, I posted a request to this list for the names of files that need to
be cleaned. At 3:15 am, the machine thinks it's going to look for a DNS
and/or test my "sendmail" program. (It has another thing coming because I
don't let it near the web!)

I need to get a better handle on these routines so I can stop them or do
them by hand.

Where is RBS when I need him. :-) Probably has me kill-filed..