[X Newbies] Crash city

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 15:58:18 PST 2003

Michael Winter tapped out this message on 2/12/2003 6:01 PM

>OSX doesn't run out of memory unless your hard drive is full too. How
>much RAM is in the system?

512 MB

> Is your hard drive close to full?

It has exactly 3 files on it....I just opened the machine and peeled the
paper off it a week ago although I have been using X for 3 years now..

>As I
>mentioned in another post, the Process Viewer program will tell you how
>much memory is being used for the various tasks that are running in OS
>X.

They seem not to care.

> From other reports I've seen, you're correct. Its not as reliable as it
>was in OS 9.

>Again, this is really an application problem, not a problem with the
>operating system. In a way I'm going to assume OS X is living up to its
>hype in that your whole machine probably isn't crashing, just the
>application.

Well whatever is doing it, they all are doing it. Maybe the globals need
trashing..hope this doesn't mean I will have to reset everything UGH.