[X Newbies] Oops! Another Samba Panic

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Feb 13 06:11:05 PST 2003

Jerry,

Have you been through the Apple Discussion boards with this issue?
Probably more ppl with the same problems.. I would say this issue is a step
past a newbie.

I didn't see it mentioned but you have filled out a big report eh? Apple
still accepts those.

I would also say though, if you KNOW that this bug exists and you have
confirmed it - why not use that against the problem? Instead of letting it
screw you over everytime.

If you need a lot of access, setup a shortcut for the access and when you
are done doing what you need to do on the Windows server, drop the
connection. Maybe put a sticky note or something somewhere - sorry I really
don't understand how you keep forgetting to disconnect, considering the
headache it's causing you.

My bet is that just like the Finder bug and Sleep bug in OSX, you should
learn to live with it (or a way around it), cause it ain't gonna be fixed
soon!

On 2/12/03 8:35 PM, "Jerry Krinock" <dearjerry at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Well, I did it again.  When I got home this evening I woke up my Powerbook
> and found it was really sluggish.  Lots of spinning pizza wheels.  Ooops!!
> I remembered that I had connected to a Windows server via the built-in Samba
> (OS 10.2.3) and forgot to eject it before I left my day-job.
>
> snip <
>
> Jerry Krinock
> San Jose,  CA   USA

Bill Reburn