[X Newbies] Appleworks problem

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Feb 14 06:14:38 PST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:13:30AM -0500, Stephen Foster wrote:
:
: My 13 year old son is taking a course offered via the internet
: locally. When he tried to submit his first assignment (done in
: Appleworks, saved as a Word document) he kept getting an error
: message to the effect there was an incorrect character in the
: filename. There was nothing special in the filename unless there's an
: invisible character. I tried several other formats but received the
: same message. Perhaps the problem lies in the receiving programme? He
: was using Explorer and o/s 10.1.5. Any thoughts? Thanks, Stephen

There is either some character in the filename that's causing the
problem, or some character in the directory path to the file.  As a
general rule, web-safe filenames should contain only alphanumerics,
underscore, and hyphen characters --- and periods for filename
extensions.

--
Eugene Lee