Migrating user files to new Mac

Norman Ludlow ludlown at dean.com
Fri Feb 14 18:39:20 PST 2003

Hello everyone!

How odd it feels to be posting to a "newbies" list after ~12 years
full-time experience with Macs, ranging from being a Network Admin, to
-- currently -- a graphics professional. But now that I've taken the
plunge into OS X full-time at work and at home, I'm very much the
"newby" all over again!

After struggling for the last ~18 months to keep productivity up with
our workgroup's aged B&W G3s, management finally consented to the
purchase of six new dual-1.25 GHz G4s. They arrived yesterday, and are
waiting to be deployed!

To the point: I would appreciate any helpful hints this community may
have in migrating user files, libraries, etc. from one OS X machine to
another. I am the only user who is currently using OS X (having
volunteered to be the "guinea pig" back in September and go to X
full-time -- Quark being a different story, of course!), if that info
helps define my needs any.

Also, any recommended resources (books, articles, web pages) that could
assist me in helping my other 5 co-workers adjust from OS 9 to OS X
(for instance working with the "new" Finder) would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

     Norman Ludlow   : :   Graphic Designer   : :   Dean & Company   : :
   ludlown at dean.com