[X Newbies] Making PDF files readable in v5.0 for 9

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Feb 17 13:08:47 PST 2003

On 2/17/03 12:58 PM, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>> On 2/17/03 10:45 AM, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If .pdf files were made in X, to be opened in AR 5 for X, how does one
>>> make them readable on OS 9, in AR 5 for 9?
>>
>> Are you able to elaborate on how the pdf was created to be opened for
>> Acrobat Reader for X? Was it built using Adobe Acrobat?
>
> It was saved as PDF in X. I have all PDF files set to open in AR in X and
> AR in 9 but the 9 won't open the X file....just says "file format
> unknown".

Is this something you are experiencing with all of your pdf files (that you
save from X  and set to open in AR (X&9)? Or just this particular one? You
say you saved as PDF in X - what program were you using that you saved the
file from? Where is the preference given when saving to open in OS9 and X?
Have you tried resaving the file from the original?

Is this error coming from OS9 - as used in Classic? Or a booted from OS9
machine?

Bill Reburn