[X Newbies] Airport Extreme

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Feb 20 10:29:49 PST 2003

>On 2/20/03 10:19 AM, "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens at pursued-with.net> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if any market exists or if the technology can bare the cost of
>> a 'Airport Lite'. Maybe a 20ft range unit that could be affordable
>> enough to buy several and distribute throughout a house or office space
>> with thick walls. Simply plug into any available
>> Telephone/communications port and provide portable short range strong
>> signal connectivity or perhaps linked connectivity to a base station
>> somewhere in the house.
>
> You can buy 802.11b WAPS/routers for as little as $40 - which is less than
> the copper drop to get there.  What's "affordable"?
>
> KeS

If you point me to one I will drop the newbie questions.. I hope that a
Mac-friendly company exists that provides these? Maybe it doesn't matter
what hardware you have, being a router - sounds like some configuartion is
needed.. (too often by a PC, which I won't have anytime soon ;-)
I have no idear what a WAPS/router is - but $40 is totally affordable if you
think it's what I am looking for.

Bill Reburn