[X Newbies] Trouble with Default Browser

Birgit Rhoads woodlandogs at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 17:08:22 PST 2003

Robert, I agree with you about Apple's mail program.  If you are using IE,
why not try Outlook Express?  I used it with no problems until I got Office
X with Entourage.  Entourage has them all beat IMO.  Oddly enough, there is
no such mail program for Microsoft Office for Windows...unless they just
added it.

Birgit

> Brigit,
>
> When we set up our new OS 10.2.3 eMac Christmas night, I started
> using the Mail program that was shipped with the computer. While it
> worked as advertised, I didn't like it. So I downloaded Eudora 5.2-
> the OS X version. I've been using Eudora for the past eight years. I
> like it, I'm used to it, and IMHO, it is vastly superior to Apple's
> Mail program.
>
> I know I'm using the OS X version because when it launches, the Apple
> in the menu bar remains blue and the upper left of all the Eudora
> windows have the red, yellow, and green buttons. But your post got me
> to thinking.
>
> What I did was quit both Eudora and Explorer. Then I launched Apples
> mail program. And clicked on some links that had been sent to me
> while I was using that program. Guess what? The OS X version of
> Explorer launched right away. It didn't even attempt to start Classic.
>
> So I guess the problem lies with Eudora. While it runs native in OS
> X, apparently it isn't a true OS X program. Must be some kind of
> hybrid or carbon that runs under both operating systems. Thanks for
> helping me figure out why this is happening.
>
> Robert Roehner

Birgit Rhoads
WoodlandPWC
Hudson, OH