"Mail" won't Send.

Richard Bienvenu BienvenuR at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 10 08:13:17 PST 2003

I've checked and double-checked my internet and mail settings, but I
simply cannot get OS X.2's mail program to send messages. Instead the
e-letters get deposited in the "Out" box. I can receive mail using
"Mail," but that's about it.

Anyone else encounter this problem? On another list (Hist-Mac)
someone reported that he had the same problem and that clicking on
the white oblong button at the right of the top-of-the window bar
fixed his problem. All that does, as far as I can tell, is to reveal
or hide the "send" button.

Thanks,

Richard Bienvenu
U. of Missouri