[X Newbies] open finder to favorites

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 14 08:19:47 PST 2003

On 1/14/03 17:09, "Brian Fish" <b.fish at durandac.org> wrote:

> Strange question...does anyone know of a way to make the finder open
> directly to the favorites folder?  Obviously, Apple offers the choice of
> Computer or Home, but i'd like to make it open to the favorites folder
> automatically.  I know I can just keep it in the toolbar or hit
> command>shift>F, but for the students at the school I work at, i'd like them
> to go straight to the favorites folder.  Unfortunately, the "Simple Finder"
> is just a little too simple and doesn't offer much elbow room to work with.

That choice isn't available - the best you can do is put the Favorites icon
on the toolbar, or put an alias to the favorites folder on the desktop.

Kirk

                                  vice versa
  Freelance Writer | Technical Writer | Translator - French to English
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .