[X Newbies] OS X on old iMac

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 16 00:12:34 PST 2003

On 1/16/03 0:28, "Scott Petersen" <petersen at ma.medias.ne.jp> wrote:

> Is anyone using OS X on the very first iMac (the bondi)? According to
> Apple, this is at least theoretically possible. However, is it
> practically possible? Can the speed of the machine handle the burden?

I run it on a 400 MHz iMac, and it is slow. Usable, but it's the graphics
card that slows things up most. I recently got an 800 iBook and the
difference is striking. So, you probably can run it, but you'll be waiting
for a lot of things.

Kirk

     Co-author of the forthcoming: Macworld Mac Upgrade and Repair Bible
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/bible.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .