[X Newbies] publishing program

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 14:04:11 PST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 01:48 PM, Brian Fish wrote:

> Does anyone know of any resonably priced publishing programs that will
> allow me to do projects like yearbooks, newspapers, recipe books, etc.
>  We want to move our "Yearbook Club" to the eMacs but need software
> for these types of tasks.  Thanks.

Adobe InDesign would be really nice for these kinds of jobs, but might
be pricy (check educational pricing). Appleworks isn't bad, but I
haven't used it extensively and it might not hold up for something as
ambitious as a yearbook. The choice also depends on your printing
needs, and what format you might need for output if you were going to
have projects printed and bound.

SR