Can OS 9 address book be imported into Mail?

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Tue Jul 1 16:37:16 PDT 2003

Well, I helped my friend install Jaguar on her iMac this morning and
all went well. (Haven't updated to 10.2.6 yet however.) We even got her
mailboxes from Netscape imported into Mail. Now we're wondering if she
can import her address book from OS 9 Netscape into Mail's address
book. We tried exporting her address book while booted into 9 and saved
it as LDIF, but when we tried importing it into the OS X address book,
that exported file was "grayed out" and couldn't be selected/imported.
Any ideas for us to try?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark

Mark Taintor