lproj folders

John Belen imacdude at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 17:56:52 PDT 2003

I found an interesting post on an OS X site regarding language files
and support.  Since I am not multi-lingual, I would prefer not to have
all that Japanese, German, and extra language baggage on my system.  I
have found that when I ctrl-Click an Application and view the package
contents, I can remove the lproj folders from the resources folder.
This cut the size of applications like Safari, and Mail almost in half,
and improved their responsiveness.  The question is...  Are there any
potential negative effects of doing this?  (Yes, I did backup all the
apps before trying this)

Thanks
John Belen