[X Newbies] File that wont trash or be moved

John Belen imacdude at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 05:01:04 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 03:07 AM, G.M. HADLOW wrote:

> I have a file that was partly downloaded from the web and cancelled as
> it
> was taking too long. It is on the desktop. I want to trash it but it
> wont
> go! A message comes up "The item is being used by another task right
> now
> (other tasks include moving, copying or emptying the trash) Try again
> when
> the other task is completed.

Have you tried to restart and delete it?  Other possibilites are to
change your startup disk to OS 9, and Option-Delete it from there.
Also a friend of mine with a Tibook had the experience that he lost the
ability to drag and drop.  This was fixed by one of two programs, one
called Dragster and the other Jaguar Cache Cleaner.  Both are available
from Versiontracker.

> I have deleted the download from the download manager but this did not
> help.
> I have also tried to place it into a folder but it wont do that either!
>
> I am desperate for a solution
> Regards
> Gen

John Belen