[X Newbies] Apple's Mail - Insert text

cricket cricket at apple.com
Wed Jul 9 15:45:28 PDT 2003

This has worked in Mail since the Jurassic age. Text dragging in
general, though, works differently in Mac OS 9 versus Mac OS X. You
have to click on the selected text and wait very briefly (about 1/10 of
a second) then drag. This is to distinguish between dragging and making
a new selection.

- cricket

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 3:23 PM, Brian Farley wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you mean? You can drag and drop (or option-drag and
>> drop text) in Mail.
>>
> Highlight and drag (move) or option drag (copy) text within a message.

----->
Software Entomologist – Mail for Mac OS X
                 http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther/mail.html