[X Newbies] Archiving mail in Mail.app (was Apple's Mail - Insert text)

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Sun Jul 13 16:12:42 PDT 2003

On Sunday, Jul 13, 2003, at 16:54 Canada/Eastern, David Boag wrote:

> Excuse my newbie response (but after all, I'm on the right forum), but
> how can you use Applescript to archive mail in mail.app?

(1) It's a misunderstanding. "This" in the quote referred to Frank
Eves' wish to insert the contents of a text file into a message, not to
rebuilding or archiving. IMHO, those are not tasks quite suitable for
AppleScript.

(2) Andreas Amann wrote several scripts
<http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/MailScripts.sit> to handle tasks in
Mail.app, and one of them does some basic archiving. I haven't tried it
myself, so I don't know how well it performs, but you might wish to
give it a peek.