[X Newbies] Interesting articles on this page

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 26 10:57:30 PDT 2003

Vincent Cayenne tapped out this message on 7/26/2003 12:41 PM

>Frankly, these are of interest to those who see a benefit in carping
>about an already-decided issue.

Not necessarily. It is on a Pro-Mac site and therefore might help those
who use those applications which are affected by cooperative multitasking
issues. I would hardly call it carping. Usually that accusation is used
by those who disagree with the discussion, happens all the time.

I often find that while I am working in X, if someone so much as goes on
or off the network, it makes the system hesitate, which never happened on
OS 9.
I won't even speculate on what causes that, with only two apps open, each
taking up minimal RAM.

The effort to nullify 9 with the attitude that because of the
introduction of a radically different system, all of a sudden 9 is a
horrid beast that sucks is not helpful to the 75% who are still using it
or to those who have one foot in each world. I think the article shows
that while something is different, it is not necessarily better in all
areas.

In other words, people can promote the use and success of X without
denigrating the use of 9.