Mac to Win2000

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 26 16:16:21 PDT 2003

Howdy all,

I've got a G4 running 10.2.6 on a local net with a couple of Win2000
boxes. One has been loaded for a while (not by me) and I can get to it
from the mac just by opening the "connect to server" dialog and putting
nfs://192.etc.  The other has just been loaded with Win2000 and when I
try to connect to it with nfs:// the "connecting to server" box just
never connects. When I try smb://  I get a password dialog with
Workgroup, user, and password, but I always get an error -50 from that.

Anyone have any ideas where to start figuring out what the difference
in config between the two Win boxes is, or a web page about
troubleshooting Mac to Win connections?

SR