OT: iPod Died

David Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 27 10:42:46 PDT 2003

I'm bummed! My new 30 GB iPod died. Have no idea what happened. I
didn't drop it or anything. One day this week, I spent the day ripping
half of my CD collection onto my G4. The next morning, I tried to turn
it on the iPod, and I got a folder icon with an exclamation point.
Tried all of the suggested fixes on Apple's support site, and with them
over the phone. Unfortunately, it won't even mount, therefore none of
Apple's utilities will work to fix it. Apple is sending me a shipping
box for me to send it to them to fix it for no charge.

When I was talking to the support guy, he said it was unusual to get a
call for an iPod that couldn't be fixed. Has anyone else had this
problem?

Any other suggestions?
--
David R. Boag, DDS