Trouble copying to external drive

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Sun Jul 27 19:01:50 PDT 2003

A few days ago I copied my user folder from my 17" PB to my Mercury
Elite 120 external HD. All went well. Today I tried to do the same
thing and got the following message:

The item "Cyn's user folder" contains one or more items you cannot
read. Do you want to copy the items you can read?

I ran disk permissions and MacJanitor and tried it again. I get the
same message. Why am I getting this message?

Thanks for any info.

--
Cyn