[X Newbies] MacJanitor

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 27 19:34:22 PDT 2003

>>I should have thought of that. It slipped my mind because I have *never* had
>>to repair permissions since I got this G4 iMac with OS X. The fact that I do
>>not use *any* apps that require Classic mode may have something to do with.

Perhaps, but I have not used Classic or 9 on one of my machines and I
have had to do it a lot.....I have also installed a lot of stuff, but I
try to do a repair routine first....

There are other things that permissions don't repair, such as icons that
disappear..for that kind of stuff you have to trash files the old
fashioned way.