[X Newbies] MacJanitor

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 21:35:18 PDT 2003

On 7/27/03 8:54 PM, "Vincent Cayenne" <vcayenne at mac.com> wrote:

> Quite a few install have the tendency to disrupt permissions. Chief
> among these has been any Apple OS update, 102.5-->10.2.6 for example.
> But many other install have led to issues ranging in impact from
> catastrophic through bizarre to subtle. It is rare indeed for anyone
> who's installed more than one or two applicxations to not have a
> number of corrections made by a Repair Permissions run.

Then I must be in a league all my own. I've been using OS X for over a year
(first 10.1.x then Jaguar), run multiple updates, installed/removed a ton of
software, etc. and never had to repair permissions.

I just finished checking and there *are* some the system says are wrong
which relate to some browser plugins but so long as the system is working OK
I'm not going to monkey with things.

So it would appear that the system will run fine with at least some
incorrect permissions.
--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net