[X Newbies] Delete mail from server?

Barbara Alfors balfors at kaa-architects.com
Mon Jul 28 10:49:41 PDT 2003

This is a problem I have with Mail as well - I would like to be able to
check my office account from home, delete the spam from the server, but
leave the rest on the server so that I still get it at work.

The advanced preferences you describe will not do that.  What I want is
either to be able to delete from server on a per-message basis (like in
Outlook Express), or to "Delete mail from server when emptying trash."

Because I have filters set up to file my incoming messages, the "delete from
server when removed from the inbox" option doesn't work for me either.

If this one feature was added, I think I could use Mail as my default e-mail
client.

-Barbara