[X Newbies] Regarding Database software

KL ee7klt at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 29 18:04:15 PDT 2003

Hi,
i'm currently using appleworks,..but I was hoping for something with a
smaller "footprint" that requires less resources but producing good  results
nonetheless. Appleworks (especially the ones running on X) seem to eat up
alot of resources plus doesn't really allow enough coordination between
different worksheets when updating information....Latex was an incredibly
elegant solution to the sluggishness of other commercial products, so I
guess what I meant by unix-like was 'free and yet more powerful'...
KL