Software update to CD via Windows machine?

Konrad Waibel overloadinfo at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 13:25:22 PDT 2003

I have since 11 May 2003 a new iMac 1GHz 17" FP with OSX 10.2.3. I use
the internal modem, best connect speed indicated as 49333. I downloaded
the Quicktime upgrade two weeks back and it took 59 minutes for the
18.5 mbs to finish, biggest successful download to date. Now there is a
new Quicktime, the OS 10.2.6 update over 80 mbs, plus others. I may
have access to Windows machine and T1 connection. I called Apple
Techservice and asked if downloading the Apple software updates using
the T1 and burning a cd on the Windows computer, would I be able to use
the cd to install the software on my iMac? Apple tech said he thought
it would work, wasn't sure, but thought if the iMac didn't like the
data it wouldn't install anything.

Is this a 'dumb and dumber' plan?, or will it work??