[X Newbies] updating firmware

Emmy emh at mac.com
Sun Jun 15 09:27:49 PDT 2003

At 11:54 AM -0400 6/15/03, Jonathan Park wrote:

>I have a mac G4 466mhz, with system 9.1
>I understand the latest firmware is 4.2.8.  and it's reccommended to update
>to this.  So...How does one find out which firmware one already has?  I
>looked in the apple system profiler, but didn't see anything. Thanks,

Apple System Profiler/Production Information/Boot ROM version - contains the firmware info, but it's a bit cryptic. If you have the 4.2.8 version the line will end with "4.28f1", I believe.

[If you try to install a firmware update that has already been applied the installer will tell you that it is not necessary.]

Emmy