[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 15:46:33 PDT 2003

At 6:01p -0400 2003.06.18, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:
>On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 11:03 Canada/Eastern, cricket wrote:
>
>>I don't want a bunch of people scouring preferences looking for an
>>option that doesn't exist in preferences.
>
>Ah, the good Samaritan.

Ah, the unobservant. Some signatures are fact and not whimsy.
Cricket's is among the former.

>  Too bad the preference does exist. Mail>Preferences>Viewing>Display
>images and embedded objects in HTML messages.

Fortunately cricket's reading of plain fact is as on point as your
re-interpretation is not. The statement advanced was:
>On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 8:23 PM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:
>>Um hello?? View as link, view as file.

...to which cricket responded:
At 8:02a -0700 2003.06.18, cricket wrote:
>We're talking about Mail, the built-in Mail application for Mac OS
>X. There is no such preference.

...which is absolutely correct. The preference you refer to is NOT
"View as link, view as file" by any syntactical, semantic or
comprehensive contortion.
--
Now I'm calling to you,
Like a lamb for its ewe,